As in 2019 and 2020, Zuccardi Valle de Uco was chosen in the first place in South America and worldwide by a jury of almost 600 international references.
At a ceremony held in Germany, these awards were announced today. The juries made a selection among more than 1,500 wineries, of which the best 50 were considered. For their evaluation they took into account all the details that make the visit to a vineyard rewarding. Wines, gastronomy, route, accessibility, environment, personal attention, landscape and the reputation of the winery, are among the most important factors.
The World’s Best Vineyards list aims to highlight the sheer diversity across both established and emerging wine tourism destinations and the list is voted by the Academy of 600 global wine and
travel experts. To ensure that the Academy is representative, the globe is divided into 22 geographic regions, each headed by an Academy Chair who must recruit 36 voters from their specific region. Annually, 25% of the panel of judges must be replaced by new participants, in order to have new opinions.
In the list of the top ten, there are wineries of recognized international trajectory:
|1||Zuccardi Valle de Uco||Argentina|
|2||Bodegas de los Herederos del Marqués de Riscal||España|
|6||Antinori nel Chianti Classico||Italia|
|9||González Byass – Bodegas Tío Pepe||España|
Julia Zuccardi, is a member of the third generation of the Zuccardi Family and is in charge of the Tourism and Hospitality area. Regarding this award, she stated: “It is a great honor to have received this award for the third time in a row; We will do our best to honor it. We have a beautiful country, an extraordinary scenary, and a great team working with us. We are very committed to ensuring that our visitors have the best experience when they come to Argentina, when they visit Mendoza and when they arrive at Zuccardi Valle de Uco ”.
For official information, access the official site www.worldsbestvineyards.com and the social networks @worldsbestvineyards on Facebook and Instagram and @wbestvineyards on Twitter.
About World’s Best Vineyards
The World’s Best Vineyards has been designed by the William Reed team to raise the profile of wine tourism and encourage travelers to enjoy wine-related experiences from around the world. The list of the Top 50 Best Vineyards in the World reflects the diversity of the international wine scene. The reveal of the 2021 winners list has been organized in collaboration with Wines of Germany.
- With the exception of Academy Chairs, Academy members should remain anonymous with regard to being a part of the World’s Best Vineyard Voting Academy.
- Academy members must not discuss their voting selections with other members or Academy Chairs.
- Academy members must have visited the vineyards they vote for since 1 January 2016 – and are asked to confirm this when voting.
- Academy members must submit 7 nominations in order of preference.
- Academy members must vote for the vineyard experience, not the winemaker.
- Academy members can only vote for vineyards open to the public (not including any temporary closures due to Covid-19 restrictions).
- Academy members are not permitted to vote for any vineyard they work for or have financial interest in – and are asked to confirm this fact when voting.